Sunday, December 12, 2010

Simple Woman's Day Planner It's Cold and Snowy

First let me say, "Happy 3rd week of Advent!"

Just for today:

Outside my window it is cold and snowy and gray.

Today I am thinking about several things. One I wish we could have made it to Mass but it is very bad out right now. We attempted it but the snow is blowing so much and visibility is not good. So, I am thinking about the Lord in my heart and missing being with Him in worship. I am, also, thinking about how I plan to organize my recipes from a binder to recipe box.

I am very thankful for a warm home, roof over our head and a new furnace we had to put in this year at the beginning of winter because our old one gave out.  I am, also, very very thankful I can be home with my family because last night I worked and thought I would be trapped because of the snow and not make it home to be with my family today. I am very grateful it did not hit until early this morning.

I am wearing blue jeans and a festive shirt.

I am remembering people I need to send Christmas cards to.

Tonight I am going to stay home.

A good book I am reading is actually not a book but a magazine, "Faith and Family."

I am hoping for a joyous Advent and Christmas season that brings us closer to the Lord day by day and a safe winter.

On my mind is what is going on outside, watching the snow blow everywhere.

I am noticing Christmas lights and a crazy cat running around the house and wet clothes at the doorway from a young boy playing outside.



Pondering these words from today's reading of the Bible:  Isaiah 35: 1-6,10

 The desert and the parched land will exult;
the steppe will rejoice and bloom.
They will bloom with abundant flowers,
and rejoice with joyful song.
The glory of Lebanon will be given to them,
the splendor of Carmel and Sharon;
they will see the glory of the LORD,
the splendor of our God.
Strengthen the hands that are feeble,
make firm the knees that are weak,
say to those whose hearts are frightened:
Be strong, fear not!
Here is your God,
he comes with vindication;
with divine recompense
he comes to save you.
Then will the eyes of the blind be opened,
the ears of the deaf be cleared;
then will the lame leap like a stag,
then the tongue of the mute will sing.
Those whom the LORD has ransomed will return
and enter Zion singing,

crowned with everlasting joy;
they will meet with joy and gladness,
sorrow and mourning will flee.




From the kitchen we have Christmas cookies and cheese dip and crackers.

Around the house are Christmas decorations.







One of my favorite things is being home.









Check out more Simple Woman's Day Planners at: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/2009/01/taking-part-in-simple-womans-daybook.html

No comments:

Dear Lord help us to educate our family for your glory.

"Since parents have conferred life on their children, they have a most solemn obligation to educate their offspring. Hence, parents must be acknowledged as the first and foremost educators of their children. Their role as educators is so decisive that scarcely anything can compensate for their failure in it. For it devolves on parents to create a family atmosphere so animated with love and reverence for God and others that a well-rounded personal and social development will be fostered among children. Hence, the family is the first school of those social virtues which every society needs."--Gravissimum Educationis (one of the documents of the Second Vatican Council)

Helping and Loving Our Neighbor

Corporal works of Mercy
Feed the hungry

Give drink to the thirsty

Clothe the naked

Shelter the homeless

Visit the sick

Visit the imprisoned

Bury the dead



The Spiritual Works of Mercy
Admonish the sinner

Instruct the ignorant

Counsel the doubtful

Comfort the sorrowful
Bear wrongs patiently

Forgive all injuries

Pray for the living and the dead


Good Samaritain